Tuesday 15 March 2011

REAL LIFE STORY IMAGERY































These are a selection of the photograph's I took for my real life story imagery. The main story is about a young girl who has caught Chlamydia. I have chosen a model that is a typical 17 - 18 year old therefore making the story relatable to the reader. The story is written in first person and it’s a very personal account of her story and what’s happened.

In all the pictures the model is positioned to the left of the shot. I think it is more effective to have the model away from the centre. It makes the photograph have more depth and look less flat. I wanted to do a variety of shots – while they are all simple and ordinary to match the real life theme, I have experimented with the model looking into and away from the camera. Looking away makes the model look ashamed however I think for a young target audience, it is more important to look directly at the reader and make it feel hard hitting.

I only need on picture of the model to fit into the layout I have planned. I am therefore going to use the second image. She is sat on the floor and the camera is looking down on her, which makes her look belittled and embarrassed. Stylistics are in keeping with the rest of the magazine I am planning – dark colours to fit into the NME vibe. I have altered the photograph by de-saturating and adding to the contrast. To stop her looking to pale and ghost like i have used the burn tool to highlight her facial features and neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment